Crisp Ham and Egg Cups

Crisp Ham and Egg Cups

When we have family and friends visiting, I don’t like to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen. Whereas I could bury my head into a complicated quiche or cinnamon rolls, I opt for easy and give myself a break and my guests all of my attention. After all, it’s more important to take time to catch up than impress with a frou frou dish!

These egg cups, nestled inside crisp Black Forest ham, are the epitome of “easy does it” for those slow, lazy weekend mornings. Just press the ham into a muffin pan, crack in an egg and bake it up. What results are these beautiful little bundles of joy that truly bring meaning to a good morning.

Ham and Egg Cups

Sprinkle ‘em with salt and pepper, and if you’d like, a little fresh basil, scallions or parsley. Make a stack of buttery toast, put on a pot of coffee, and breakfast is done. Simple, nutritious and absolutely delicious!

PrintPrint Recipe

Crisp Ham and Egg Cups

Yield: Makes 4 servings

Nonstick cooking spray

4 slices Black Forest or Virginia ham

4 large eggs

Salt and pepper, to taste

Fresh basil, scallions or parsley, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Lightly coat 4 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fit 1 slice of ham into each muffin cup (ham will hang over edges of cups). Crack 1 egg into each cup. Bake in middle of oven until whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, about 13 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper and remove cups carefully. Sprinkle with chopped basil, scallions or parsley.

21 Responses to “Crisp Ham and Egg Cups”

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — September 14, 2012 @ 5:37 am

These are so perfect for a weekend brunch!

Baker Street — September 14, 2012 @ 11:19 am

Perfect idea for the brunch I’m hosting this weekend! :)

Paula — September 14, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

I’ve had these, they are delicious and though it looks like you’ve *gone that extra mile* in the kitchen, they are so quick and easy. Your photos are wonderful.

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — September 14, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

Yes. Yes. I just…yes.

wok with ray — September 14, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Oohh, these are very pretty and delicious!

Audra — September 14, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

Georgia these are adorable! You always have the best ideas for individual-sized food! :)

christina @ smallkitchenchronicles — September 14, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

Georgia, so glad I stumbled across your site — love what you’re doing here!

These are so brilliant! Love your use of the nonstick muffin tins — not only super easy, but gorgeous, AND delicious. What more could you ask for? You could say, it’s the “Triple Threat” of Breakfasts =)

Well done, girl, and your photos are inspiring!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — September 14, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

Awww, too cute! I totally need to make this for a brunch get-together with some friends!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — September 15, 2012 @ 12:55 am

These are so cute! And so easy!

From Valeries Kitchen — September 15, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

For something so simple they turn out so pretty! I love this idea.

Lynna — September 16, 2012 @ 7:40 am

Love the idea~ It`s super cute. ♥

Fitnesscrazedmom — September 16, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

These are delicious yet so quick and easy and less mess. I added a little shredded cheese on top before baking. Like having a ham egg and cheese sandwich without the carbs! Great recipe. Thanks for sharing

john@kitchenriffs — September 16, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

I’ve made these before! Although it’s been ages. As I recall I used proscuitto – I like the idea of the ham better (easier to do). Good stuff – thanks.

SkinnyMommy — September 17, 2012 @ 3:41 pm

Oh my gosh these look amazing. Brilliant!

Kelsey — September 19, 2012 @ 1:16 am

Love these kinds of breakfasts. Try adding some cheese to the bottom of the ham cups–just another possible variation!

Christy@SweetandSavoring — September 19, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

I love baking eggs in edible cups- we used kale rather than ham just two nights ago :)

Cristina — September 25, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

Love this idea and the size and portion of these ham/egg cups, Georgia! I’m going to surprise my Man this weekend and make these for Sunday morning breakfast! :)

gateau aux noix moelleux — December 2, 2012 @ 2:39 am

You just gotta love an easy recipe, especially this good and delish – mmm yum yum! Sometimes I really wonder why I didn’t come up with that same idea bleh.

Marie — December 15, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Can I do the same with bacon? Maybe prebake the bacon so it’s not
    raw? What is your suggestion or has anyone tried this?

Marty — December 19, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Has anyone tried this in the microwave? I have microwave muffin cups and would love to know if there would serve the purpose for ham cups or even bacon cups if possible. Thanks for any guidance!