50 Healthy and Delicious Dishes

veg1

If your 2012 resolution is to eat healthier and fresher, you should know that you don’t need to sacrifice flavor for fewer calories. The options for enjoyable, easy and wholesome meals are endless, and in this post I’m sharing with you 50 ideas for more healthy appetizers, desserts, side dishes and full meals!

Whether your goal is to cleanse yourself completely of fatty foods or simply still enjoy the things you love in moderation, you are making a wise choice and a smart one for your body and overall well being. Learning to cook is an invaluable tool in developing a cleaner diet since you know exactly what goes into everything you eat! Many of the meals listed below can be frozen ahead of time as well, including my Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Shells, Hearty Vegetarian Chili with Polenta Cakes and Mom’s Curried Butternut Squash Soup. So, really, you’re saving both time and calories!

Click below for plenty of delicious, nutritious recipes, including my personal favorites, Artichoke Stuffed Baked Potato Bites, Spiced Chicken with Tropical Salsa and Mini Apple and Cherry Pies. There’s plenty to choose from and inspire you to make 2012 your healthiest year yet!

Roasted Almonds

Strawberry and Mixed Green Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette

Vegetable Chili

Soup

Mom’s Curried Butternut Squash Soup

Hearty Vegetarian Chili with Polenta Cakes

Acorn Squash Soup with Swiss Crostini

16 Responses to “50 Healthy and Delicious Dishes”

Caylee — January 4, 2012 @ 7:19 am

This is a fantastic post. I’m one of those whose main resolution for 2012 is to eat *better*. By better, I mean seasonal, healthy, unprocessed food. I’m excited to go through each of those 50 recipes.

thecompletecookbook — January 4, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

I am going to bookmark this post for the coming year!
    :-) Mandy

Sandra — January 4, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

This is a huge and impressive list Georgia. I will be referring to if often. It seems that I indulged a bit too much over the last couple of weeks. Healthy eating can still be fun and flavorful thanks for the recipes.

Nutritionist Manchester — January 4, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

I have bookmarked your excellent post! Thank you very much for sharing your delicious recipes. I can’t wait to get started :)

Leslie — January 4, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Wow..that is a very delicious round up on healthy recipes.!! Happy New Year to you

A Canadian Foodie — January 4, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

Holy cow! What a list! Happy 2012 – Beautiful photos!
    Valerie

Crunchy Creamy Sweet — January 4, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

Great collection! Bookmarked and buzzed! Happy New Year!

Miranda — January 4, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

This is the perfect post Georgia, always looking for new healthy recipes.

Paula — January 4, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

Fantastic compilation post and one that must be revisited throughout the year. Thank you!

eatgood4life.blogspot.com — January 4, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

I just had the same thing on the works since I did not do a round up of fav posts for the new year ;-) those zucchini fries are my ultimate favorite side dish/appetizer!! Happy new year.

Magic of Spice — January 4, 2012 @ 11:57 pm

What a fantastic lineup Georgia! I really love your vegetarian chili…
    well and everything else :)
    Happy New Year!

Jenny @ Savour the Senses — January 5, 2012 @ 2:12 am

Wow, great list! So many things jumped out at me to make in the near future!

Melissa @ Kids in the Sink — January 5, 2012 @ 2:15 am

There are just too many delicious things to choose from here! I must have just bookmarked at least 5 different delicious looking things. Thanks for the round-up of healthy recipes!

Jo — January 5, 2012 @ 2:55 am

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

Sarah — January 5, 2012 @ 6:53 am

What a great list! Will definitely be pulling this out as I try to stay healthy in 2012 (since who doesn’t at least somewhat have that resolution!). Thanks for posting!

Lillian (My Recipe Journey) — January 5, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

Okay….I looked at some of your delicious food pics & recipes…and now I’m a ‘follower’! YUM! Keep posting!