Snowed In

1/1 UPDATE: Happy New Year! We’re still in New Jersey and spent last night and today medicating colds with DayQuil, chicken noodle soup, comfy pajamas and movies. However, we’re homebound on Monday and looking forward to it. A belated celebration with friends is planned for soon – noisemakers, champagne and lots of good food involved!

12/29 UPDATE: Still snowed in, but cozy at my in-laws’ house in New Jersey, sipping tea and enjoying every minute. We have solid plans to build a big snowman, go on a roadtrip (though when and where are still unknown), and keep making the most of our time before our flight next Monday, January 3, which was the earliest we could get. I think I’ll go bake up some blueberry muffins and find my good snow boots. Talk to you again soon with another update!

______________________________________

It’s been a wonderful holiday, and I hope you’ve had the same. I would say I’m currently “stranded”, but nothing could be further from the truth as I sip a cup of tea in my pajamas, watching a football game with my family and telling funny stories about last night’s adventure in navigating a snow-blanketed New York City after a delicious downtown dinner and a Broadway show. We’re all sleepy eyed and full of pancakes and bacon, and casually wondering if our flight back to California today is cancelled, but not really caring. Life is good.

Well, let’s consider this a mini break. Wherever you are, stay warm and well fed. I’ll be back to regular posting soon. In the meantime, back to the game and fun time spent with family.

8 Responses to “Snowed In”

Cristina — December 27, 2010 @ 8:17 pm

Sounds fun and cozy to be snowed in during the winter holiday, Georgia. Enjoy good times with loved ones and have a safe trip home.

Happy New Year’s to you and yours! :)

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox — December 27, 2010 @ 8:51 pm

Have a wonder and cozy mini break! We’ll be waiting for you back in Cali.

fooddreamer — December 28, 2010 @ 12:47 am

We’re snowed in too, although not dependant on air travel (or travel of any sort!). Hope you can just relax and go with the flow. Enjoy it.

Betty @ Scrambledhenfruit — December 28, 2010 @ 4:29 am

So glad you’re enjoying your snowed-in holiday! We had a white Christmas as well, but not as much snow as NY. Keep warm, and have a safe trip home. :)

Baking Serendipity — December 28, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

Chocolate and peppermint is the ultimate holiday combination. These cookies look perfect! I’m so glad you’re having a fantastic, relaxing holiday season. Continue to enjoy!

Michelle — December 28, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

I love those kinds of days. Safe travels!

Stephanie — January 1, 2011 @ 2:28 am

So glad to hear you guys are making the most of the snow storm out there. At first I was a little jealous of all the snow, but the worse the situation got, the less jealous I was. Hope you guys are able to make it home safe and sound on Monday!

Blond Duck — January 3, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

I hope you had a great new year!