Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups

Something I have recently discovered: You can make a whole breakfast the size of a silver dollar!

Honestly, this is just one of those silly recipes I kept seeing pop up all over my favorite food blogs, and I figured I’d give it a try. I much prefer a big, messy plate of bacon, eggs, and toast… but these sure are cute, aren’t they?

Though I probably won’t be making these for weekend breakfasts with just my guy, I do plan to pocket this recipe for later. I think these cutie cups in a larger quantity would be great as bites for a brunch, or if you need to feed a crowd of guests some morning-after and don’t want to deal with a hundred dirty dishes. But, really, when is the right time for a hundred dirty dishes?

When you’re feeling like something a bit “different” for breakfast and want to try something new, I do recommend giving these a shot, because let’s face it – Bacon and eggs beats a bowl of cereal any day!

PrintPrint Recipe

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups

Yield: Serves 2-4

4 slices of bacon
4 slices of bread
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar)
4 eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease 4 wells of a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cut out rounds of bread with a round cookie cutter or drinking glass. Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells. Curl a piece of bacon around each piece of bread, positioning it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on top of each piece of bread. One at a time, crack an egg, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks.

Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 10-12 minutes) and bacon is crispy. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.

36 Responses to “Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups”

Lauren — May 28, 2010 @ 4:13 pm

Hi, Georgia!

These are so adorable, but you already knew that, didn’t you!? What kind of camera are you using?? I want to save up for something good…

This makes me feel insecure about my peanut butter toast breakfast habit…

Have a great long weekend! Are you cooking anything interesting for Memorial Day??

Lauren, Lauren’s Little Kitchen

Georgia — May 28, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

Hey Lauren!

I use a Canon XS, and I LOVE it. I just use the standard lens now, but I’m hoping to get a macro lens eventually. I did my research for months before buying it, but I have no regrets. It’s a great camera!

Mmm, peanut butter on toast. I haven’t had breakfast yet, but I think that’s calling my name!

I think we’ll just BBQ some steak or chicken for Memorial Day, nothing fancy. Mark is working that day… Silly boys.

You and Ryan have a great weekend too! :)

budafist — May 30, 2010 @ 2:20 am

I’ve been baking eggs into puff pastry lately, but bacon cups sounds like a much tastier option! Maybe add some fresh herbs and a sprinkle of grated cheese too.

Anonymous — May 30, 2010 @ 3:15 am

THESE ARE SO CUTE!!! KEEP IT UP GEORGIA!!

Emily — May 30, 2010 @ 3:35 am

This is so incredibly clever! I love how it looks like you can just grab them and go on with your busy day. Yum!

Magdalena — May 30, 2010 @ 9:35 am

Hi, this is so tasty looking idea for a morning breakfast…looks yummy. Have nice Sunday!

Sarah from iatebrisbane.com — May 30, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

Hi Georgia,

just read your comment on photography, I use an XS too and i love it. it’s really easy to use and doesn’t break the bank!

I would recommend trying out extension tubes. You can get a set of 3 of them for under $120 – it’s sooo much cheaper than a macro lens and you still get to have a bit of fun with macro-style shots. :)

These breakfast buttons look great! i love it when bacon gets that opaque look to it – you know it’s going to be crispy!

:D

Sarah @ iatebrisbane

Georgia — May 30, 2010 @ 3:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Budafist: Adding fresh herbs is a great idea. There is cheddar cheese under the egg to help it adhere to the bread, but as far as cheese goes, the more the merrier!

Emily: You’re right, these would also be good as a quick grab, like on a busy work day. Thanks for visiting!

Sarah: Thanks for your input on the camera lens. I’ve never heard of extension tubes, but I’ll look into them. Also… my husband prefers his bacon kinda “wiggly”, but I couldn’t live without crispy bacon! Thanks for visitng!

Chef Chuck — May 30, 2010 @ 9:55 pm

Beautiful, That is a nice Sunday breakfast! Thanks for sharing :)

Gabriel — May 31, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

What a creative breakfast that my kids would really love. I will surely grab this recipe to have a perfect meal. Thanks Georgia! Post more!

Georgia — May 31, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

Thank you, Chuck!

Gabriel: I didn’t even think of it, but you’re right – Kids would love these! Thanks for your input!

Anonymous — June 3, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

I made this recipe probably about 30 minutes to go, and the least to say, it was delicious.
    Though I found it slightly difficult to get the bacon under the bread so I wrapped it the best I could, then used a tooth pick to help it stay wrapped. This gives the cup more depth to keep the egg all cozy. Other than this? I love the recipe and plan to use it again!

Georgia — June 3, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

Thank you so much for reporting back about the recipe – I’m so glad it worked out, with a few tweaks here and there. That’s okay… I never follow any recipe to a tee. You have to make it your own!

Proxies Century — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

If you are looking for paper dispenser for home or office, the options are many. You can find a wide variety of kitchen or bathroom. With manual and automatic self-feeding, all available in different price ranges, it is really down, depends on personal preference. Visit http://www.papertoweldispenser.biz

sheila at Elements — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Awwwwww! Aren’t these just darling! What a wonderful idea, and I’ll definitely give this a try! Thanks so much for the great idea! :) Cheers! sheila

Georgia — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Anonymous — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Georgia — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Thank you, Chuck!

Chef Chuck — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Beautiful, That is a nice Sunday breakfast! Thanks for sharing :)

Georgia — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Sarah from iatebrisbane.com — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Hi Georgia,

:D

Sarah @ iatebrisbane

Magdalena — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Gabriel — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Anonymous — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

THESE ARE SO CUTE!!! KEEP IT UP GEORGIA!!

budafist — January 10, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Emily — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Georgia — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Hey Lauren!

You and Ryan have a great weekend too! :)

Lauren — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Hi, Georgia!

This makes me feel insecure about my peanut butter toast breakfast habit…

Lauren, Lauren’s Little Kitchen

megan — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Sara Lancaster — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

A friend of mine just introduced me to this recipe, but I’ve yet to try it. Your photo convinced me to do it tomorrow. I do love bacon…

Dionne Baldwin — January 10, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

The presentation on these is awesome! I’m with you though I prefer a big messy plate. :) Great for a family get together when there has to be room for LOTSA food on the plate!

Kelly — March 24, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

I’m going to make these for my boyfriend this weekend! Yummy! :)

Anonymous — December 19, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

I made these but instead of using bread and cutting it into circles. I used mini bagels it worked perfectly

Julie — January 26, 2012 @ 2:50 am

I Love It! Thanks for posting it. What a nice way to impress overnight family guests. Or just have a good start to a lazy Sunday with your man!
    Check out my blog please at http:/jaxjule.wordpress.com and http://jacksjule.blogspot.com Would appreciate your input.

Anonymous — January 26, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

I will try these for sure. Thanks for sharing. Kim

Jodi Gower — January 29, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

I used individual silicone cups on a baking sheet…
    I put the almost-cooked bacon around the outside + on the bottom…
    I scrambled a few eggs to pour inside…
    And i sprinkled grated cheese on the top when they were almost done cooking!

I opted out of using any bread product…
    + No grease necessary when you use silicone!

LOVED THEM